To successfully complete and graduate from the course, the student must:
- Complete all required course work and final exams.
- Complete scheduled required course hours.
- Meet all tuition and fee requirements.
- Maintain an acceptable level of compliance with all student policies.
- Complete required graduation paperwork and documents.
The student’s license application and documentation must be sent to:
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation
P. O. Box 12088
Austin, TX 78711-2157
(512) 463-6599 or (800) 803-9202
TDLR has contracted with PSI Licensure certification (PSI) to deliver its examinations.
Once the student has been approved by TDLR for testing, the student is responsible for contacting PSI to register and schedule an appointment to take the examination.
BBI will supply PSI kit required for TDLR testing for Class A Barber license. The PSI kit will be distributed on the first day of TDLR preparation week and will include the following:
- Plastic Cap
- Fast Flow hair brush
- Box of combs – 1 dozen
- Cotton Rounds
- Gloves – 6 pairs
- Perm rods – 5 large
- End Paper – 10 count
- Mannequin stand
- Male mannequin head
- Neck Strips
- Roll of paper towel
- Protective cotton – 8″
- Tape for trash bag
- Tint brush and tint bowl – 2 each
- Towels – 14
- Diagram of 14 shaving areas
Labeled items consisting of:
- Hair gel
- Hand Sanitizer
- Facial Cleanser
- Massage lotion
- Shaving Cream
- Water bottle
- Trash bag
The following items are not included in VBI PSI kit and must be added by the student to the kit before TDLR testing. If these items are not available, it may be purchased through VBI store at an additional cost:
- Blow dryer
ATTEND THE PREMIER BARBER INSTITUTE IN NORTH TEXAS
» APPLY NOW